Sunday, October 05, 2008

Sickness

Right after I finished my last post I heard a noise coming from the kids rooms. Ryan and i thought that it was Julianna as she has a sinus infection and has been uncomfortable. Much to my surprise it was Cameron! His light was on. I opened the door and saw a very red faced little boy. He just said 'Momma I am so hot. Can I have some water?" I felt his forehead and he was burning up. I immediately got the childrens motrin and Ryan grabbed him a water. I serched the house for the thermometer but I (of course) couldnt remember where it was. So i wet a washcloth and laid down with him. After about 20 minutes he seemed to cool down a bit. As I laid with him I began to think about how absolutely blessed I am to have him. Yes as I stated in the previous post we have had many hard times but he has been such a blessing to my life.
As I rubbed his cheek and spoke soft words to him, I became so completley overwhelmed. Just to touch his skin and realize that he is physically a part of Ryan and I. I put my hand on his chest and felt his heartbeating and realized just how complex God's creation is. That he started from nothing and God formed him. That God knew his personality, knew the rhythm of his heart, knew the number of hairs on his head. What an awesome God!
Well, I relaized at 3:30am where the thermomter was...In Juilanna's room. So i snuck in there and retrevied it. And took Cameron's temp. Of course when I read it I realized that I had it set to Celcius. So I had to check online to see what the conversion was...poor baby has a temp of 102.8!

Last night he told me that he didnt want to go to Julianna's birthday party that he just wanted to stay in bed. I said "Ok I will save you some cake." He then said "my belly says it doent want any." Poor little guy!

As a side note...I am probably going to check this later and find it frot with spelling and gramatical errors and wonder why I got up to blog....

No comments: