Monday, October 06, 2008

Birthday parties


I love throwing parties. Birthday, Christmas, Halloween, Easter...It is just my thing...not say that I am nessecarily good at it but I just love planning it. I love coming up with a theme and working with that. Since Cameron was born he was had an Elmo party (1), Thomas the Tank engine (2), Cars (3) and a fireman party (4). Since I love throwing parties, I usually have a family party and friends party (about 10-15 kids). For the past 4 years we have had his parties at home. There is just something special about being at home. I think this year we may venture to another location though...we'll see...I said that last year.

My mom made birthdays very special for my sister and I. I want to do the same for my kids

Since I have a little girl now, I have been very excited about having Julianna's one year party. I decieded on a Princess theme and ordered 10 invitations free from www.Vistaprint.com (google invitation coupons for Vista Print) Then I found a great place online to order supplies www.Birthdayexpress.com They are based in Greensboro so shipping was super quick. I spent so much less on stuff doing this then I usually do.

Well, yesterday was the big day!! My last and only baby girl turned one! We had just invited family and one good friend (and her family) over for pizza and cake. We had a great time, besides the fact that I had Ryan order about 3 pizzas too many..Sorry Ryan! Julianna looked so pretty! My mother in law made her a beautiful dress and bow. She even made a matching dress for her dolly.

She had a great time and loved the idea of opening presents....but she quickly became exhausted with all the people. I will post more pictures soon.

One a side note Cameron seems to be doing better today...after running a fever of 103for two days. No fever today so he is going to school tomorrow!

No comments: