Saturday, January 21, 2006

Children's programming

I just want to mention some of Cameron's favorite shows and the issues I have with them.
1) Oobi- One of Cameron's favorites--This show is on Noggin. It is about a little "boy" and his everyday adventures with his "sister" Uma and his best friend, Keko and let's not forget his grandfather, Grandpoo. Did I mention that the little "boy" is actually a hand with eyes on it. Come on! A talking hand? I mean it isn't even a puppet. It is a really weird show. They talk funny and leave out words like they will say "sit down. Have snack." "Fun...Have!" "OObi, you, friends!" Oddly enough Ryan and I find ourselves trying to make our hands have the same "facial expressions" that the characters have. I know we are just as strange.

2) The Doodlebops--A new favorite--This show is on Playhouse Disney. It is about these three "people" who sing and dance. The people are dressed in bright clothing and are called Dee dee, Rooney, and Moe. Think the Wiggles in costume. I am strangely obsessed with this show. I can't stop watching it when it is on. I mean this in a car wreak kind of way. I can't believe that grown adults would actually dress up and do this for a living. They are actually pretty good singers and the songs are very catchy. Yes, there are times during the day when I find myself singing "Cauli-flower, Gotta stand up and Holler, I love my cauliflower" or "Keep trying everyday, hold your head up high and you'll find your way. " or "Du, du, du, du, du, du We're the doodlebops"

No comments: